Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Where's the Snow?

I haven't posted in a while because I've been super busy so we have a lot to catch up on!

First off, I told you so. The Super Bowl was an amazing game to watch and congratulations to the Saints and everybody in New Orleans! They showed a lot of moxie by calling the onside kick. The Saints played to win and the Colts played not to lose.

Second, the NBA All-Star game was incredibly lame this year! Not only was the game lacking the high flying slam dunks, but so was the slam dunk contest. Never have I been so disappointed in All-Star weekend. Nobody wants to watch Shannon Brown and Gerald Wallace slam dunk. Where's LeBron? Where's DeWayne Wade? Kobe Bryant anybody? Step your game up NBA. Oh, and Alicia Keys rocked her half-time performance but Shakira was awful. Maybe next time she'll actually sing.

Now for the good stuff! The Olympics so far have been awesome and are only going to get better! If it weren't for the severe lack of snow and malfunctioning zambonis these would likely be the best winter olympics ever (except for Salt Lake City of course). At this point the Russians have the overall medals lead but the USA will reclaim it. Hannah Kearney was a huge surprise on the moguls, Seth Wescott took home another gold and I can't believe Bode Miller actually got a bronze medal. However, Lindsey Jacobellis continues to disappoint me. She didn't even make it to the finals of the Snowboardcross. But on a brighter note, tonights lineup is outstanding with Shaun White in the halfpipe, Shani Davis in the 1000m final, Lindsey Vonn in the downhill AND Apollo Anton Ohno in the 1000m. Does it get any better?

Go USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment