On a perfect weather day, the Utes didn't look very perfect. Jordan Wynn left the game on the second play of the game with a separated left shoulder. Terrence Cain threw a pick six on his first pass of the game. Eventually though both sides of the ball settled down and started playing football. There was a huge crowd, estimated at 10,000, and they got their moneys worth (since it was free) if they watched as much football as I did. While the MUSS game was fairly boring, it was still fun to see how competitive students are, especially when they're being coached by Brian Johnson and Morgan Scalley.
The Alumni game was even better thanks to Scott Mitchell and Louie Sakoda. Mitchell threw some amazing passes and King Louie proved that he could have been more than just a kicker/punter at the college level. He sacked Mitchell, caught a touchdown, and also threw a touchdown. The most entertaining part is that Ben Moa and Lewis Powell, arguably the most out of shape players on the field, were the best athletes. Both players had big plays and long touchdown romps. The biggest star that competed in the Alumni game, other than Brian Johnson, was Oakland Raider Johnny Madsen. That guy is an absolute monster than towered over all the other players at 6'5".
The best part of the entire day, better than the smell of hot dogs and beer, better than the beautiful weather, better than 10,000 fans that came to show their support, was the presence of Eric Weddle. That's right, the starting safety of the San Diego Chargers was back in Utah to watch the spring game just like he does every year. Last year he snuck out before I could get his autograph, so this year I was determined! As soon at the game started I basically stalked Weddle's every move. He had 4 security guards around him to prevent me from getting to him. Luckily a friend of his called him off the field to sign some jerseys and I was right there to ask him to sign my helmet! I finally got it! And now the helmet is proudly displayed on my entertainment center at home. My life is now complete. Eric Weddle is looking as good as ever, as I was like a giddy school girl that stumbled over her words when talking to their dream boy. Today was one of the best days I have had in a long time and I will always remember it.
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment