Thursday, March 18, 2010

Today is the Day!

It's finally here. The best postseason in all of sports. Games start in just over an hour and of course I have to sit in class until noon. Not to worry though because I have TiVo!

The first game of the day is BYU v. Florida. This is great because it will mean that BYU is the first team out of the NCAA Tournament. They can hop on their plane promptly at 1 o'clock and head back to Provo where they belong. The Cougars have had their best season ever and yet they did not win the Mountain West Title in the regular season, they did not win the Mountain West Tournament and they will not win a first round game in the NCAA Tournament. Again. For the 9th time in a row.

Other matchups I'm excited about in the first round are :
UNLV v. Northern Iowa, mostly for the MWC implications.
Michigan State v. New Mexico State because you gotta love those Spartys
Tennessee v. San Diego State again because of the MWC implications
Gonzaga v. Florida State because I hate Gonzaga
Texas A&M v. Utah State because you need to cheer for the local teams (BYU does NOT count as a local team. Provo is a whole other world).
New Mexico v. Montana because I have New Mexico advancing to the Sweet 16 but Montana has some great athletic players.
And last but not least, Texas v. Wake Forest. Texas is going to be my sleeper team. They play TOUGH defense and I love that!

Unfortunately, I'm conforming with the Nation by picking Kansas to win it all. Obviously I would prefer my Dukies to pull it out and surprise everyone but it just won't happen this year.

One hour left!

No comments:

Post a Comment